Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Getting things figured out

So, I now have less than two weeks til I see The Hubster. Excitement and Anxiety are in equal portion right now... ready for the excitement to take over. Hah. Like that will happen... I am an anxiety freak to put it mildly... worry and anxiousness are pretty much second nature for me. I try not to be this way but guess what? I fail. Miserably.

The one good thing I can put my finger on right now is that I now know what I am wearing to the airport to pick him up. After the suggestions of my friends ( a trench coat and nothing else being the most common theme) I am surprised I ever settled on something. I had to take the whole circumstance into account. After all, we have been a part for a longtime... it will be nine months when he lands.... and he will be exhausted after 30 hours of travel. Do I really want to put sex pressure on him right as he arrives? I don't think so. I want to snuggle and hug,and kiss and hold hands... sure, the sex is important, but it isn't the priority.

As for what I will wear for the next 15 days of out time together - I have NO FREAKING IDEA!! Sure, I have plenty of clothes but have no idea what to wear. We have no firm plans while there so I don't know what we will be doing. If you don't know what you are doing it is kind of hard to figure out what to wear. However, we will be in San Diego so the weather will be pretty consistent... mid to high 60's during the day, 40's at night. That does ease some wardrobe pressure.

I am trying to figure out how to fill my time between now and then.... I think I am going to make some mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese. That will take up one afternoon. After that who knows? I certainly don't. I might sit and stare at my clothes and put outfits together. I might make a list of those outfits to refer to in San Diego so I don't freak out. I know, that sounds a little weird but I think it is probably necessary.

Right now I am having trouble deciding what to eat for breakfast - weirdness of weirdness, I don't seem to be tasting things these days or to have much of an appetite. I can go with the no appetite - after all, I am on that perpetual "I am over 40 and gaining weight" diet. The no tasting thing is kind of sucky. I can kind of taste pineapple, chocolate, and spicy hot things - oh goodie. I couldn't taste the peanut butter on my toast yesterday, not the red beans and rice I had for lunch. I can't figure out why either. I don't have a cold, but I do have some serious post-nasal drip.

Wow. Mom and I , in the last 30 seconds or so, figured out the the Cold-Eze drops I have been sucking on are what is doing it. yay. Maybe I will be able to taste tomorrow!!

Kay. Done for now. Later peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment