Sunday, March 13, 2011

OMG - I didn't realize it had been so long!!

My apologies.... I didn't realize I had gone so long without blogging. Things here have been crazy - I actually got The Hubster for a whole 13 days last month - OUT IN SAN DIEGO!! It was fantastic to have the time together.... I really needed it.

We spent a good bit of time trying to find a house to buy.... nine offers on nine houses and guess what? We are renting.

We went to the San Diego Safari Park for the day - it was truly amazing. You are very close to the animals... the people taking the truck tour actually have giraffes stick their heads in the trucks. Can't wait to go back and take tat ride myself. They also have a "Snore and Roar" where members (which we are) can camp out in the park. I really want to do that too.... hope The Hubster is up for it.

Anyway, all is right with my world. Seeing him again, in real life and not just a picture, was amazing. I actually felt my heart grow when I saw his face. I didn't cry - at least not right away - but when he put his arms around me a strong sense of peace settled on me. I had been so stressed for so long.... it was incredible. I forget sometimes just how safe I feel when I am with him.

He was supposed to get to CA on the 11th of February. Well, that didn't happen. First they were going to fly him commercial, round trip from Bahrain to CA. They changed their minds. Then they decided to MAC flight him from Bahrain to Norfolk and then fly him commercial to CA. Well, the rotator flight that routinely runs from Norfolk to multiple other points and back broke down. Well, it needed some maintenance so they were delayed two days. Then they got on the plane but the plane didn't take off at the right time so they had to get back off the plane and leave the airport for two hours. Apparently the ROyal Family fly during a few hours window in the morning and no one else can be there. I guess that makes sense, if you are part of the Royal Family. Then they got held up in the Azores due to extremely high winds. Freaking wonderful. I was stressing. They finally landed in Norfolk (I was already in CA) 6 hours late at 3 a.m. TeenDream was there to meet the plane - nice surprise for The Hubster. They hug out for a few hours until it was time for my honey to get on a plane and fly to me in San Diego. Meanwhile, although I know what airline he is flying and what day he is getting in , I have NO IDEA WHAT FLIGHT HE IS ON!!!!

I just checked out all the flights from Norfolk to San Diego. There were three. Thankfully he was on the first on that arrived at 1:35 in the afternoon and not the third one that landed at 7:35 p.m. I would have been a crazy woman by then.

Anyway, he got there on February 14, and was the best Valentine's Day present I have ever gotten. I don't ever, ever want to go 9 full months plus a few days extra without seeing my honey. I can't begin to explain how happy I am that he is on a ship that goes in 6 month increments. I know, sounds crazy doesn't it?

I will get him back in a few months and we will have a somewhat normal schedule for a few months... can't wait. In the meantime you guys get to move cross country with me - should be a very interesting trip - me, my Momma, Beasties 1&2 all in my Saturn Vue Hybrid and trucking across the Southern part of our great nation, stopping every 2 hours to pee.

Did I mention that our new rental home has a pool and hot tub? Or that the gardener and pool service are part of the rent? Well, that's how it is... nice and easy for a while. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment