Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday stress x100!!

I am preparing for Thanksgiving. It is pretty easy as I am sick as a dog (I WILL be better in time to cook the turkey) and so stressed out that nothing will really tip me over the edge. Family will be around - that is a combination joy and curse. I love them all but... one or two of them could avoid dinner and it really wouldn't break my heart.

Whatever. I am trying to think of all the things I am thankful to have in my life. I do love my family and, if they aren't all lovable then I just need to love harder. I am thankful for them, even the weird ones. They bring a certain..... something to the table.

I am thankful for my husband and the job he does. I don't have to like it to be thankful for it. It brings him joy, he is successful, and even though we are apart often I love him like crazy.

I am thankful for TeenDream. He is a fantastic person. I am sad that he doesn't live with us anymore and joyful that he is responsible enough to be on his own.

I am thankful for my friends... every single crazy one of them.

I am thankful for the wonderful women in my life - they are my sisters of the soul and daughters of the heart. WOuldn't trade a single one of them.

I am thankful for my realtors, in VA and in CA, who are working so tirelessly for me.

I am thankful for SailorBoy, who is currently making me extremely crazy.

I am thankful for my beasties, who cuddle extremely well and are very sweet, obnoxiously independent, and who bark at strange things. May they live long lives chasing cats and squirrels.

I am just thankful.

Now, if I can keep this mindset through the holiday weekend and avoid mayhem I will have truly accomplished something!

No comments:

Post a Comment